Safe driving habits produce safer roadways. You can ensure that you are driving safely by following some simple rules:
- Pay attention to your driving and to the roads
- Always wear your seatbelt
- Eliminate distractions
- Do Not use your cell phone or text while driving. If you must use your phone, pull over and stop to do so.
- Slow Down…Speed taxes your driving skills, your vehicle’s capabilities, and it KILLS !!! Is the few minutes you may save, worth a human life?
- Do Not drive while impaired, whether alcohol or any other intoxicant. You risk the life of innocent people, as well as your own. Know your options, such as a cab or a designated driver.
- Do Not drive if you are sleepy. Sleepy drivers display the same driving abilities as impaired drivers.
- Know and accept your driving limitations. If you are taking medication, know the side effects. If you need glasses or contacts, make sure you wear them when driving.
- Driving habits are passed on, so please set a good example for your family members and friends by ensuring that you use good judgment and driving habits when driving.