Scheduling for Flu Shots Taking Place Now, Adults $15, Children FREE
FLORENCE, AZ – The Pinal County Public Health Services District will begin providing flu shots on Monday, September 28, 2009, by appointment only. For your convenience, and to ensure short wait times, we will begin scheduling appointments now and continuing through the end of October.
A press release issued in August indicated that Public Health only had the adult flu vaccine. The vaccine for children and teens has arrived in time to be given at the same times as the adult flu shots. Adults are encouraged to bring their children to the appointment so that both parent and child can receive the vaccine.
To schedule appointments, please call toll free 1-888-431-1311, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.
“This is not the H1N1 (swine) flu vaccine, which is not yet available. This is the seasonal flu vaccine,” said Tom Schryer, Pinal County Public Health Director. “Health officials across the country are recommending that adults and children get the seasonal flu shot this year.”
Flu shots through the Pinal County Public Health Services District are just $15 for adults, a bargain compared to the cost of cold and flu medicines or trips to the doctor's office and missed work. As indicated above, flu vaccine is free for children.
If you are unable to schedule an appointment, the opportunity to receive a flu shot as a “walk-in” will be available on the following days after October 17, 2009:Kearny
– 355 Alden Road – Wednesdays 8:00 am - 6:00 pmOracle
– 1870 West American Avenue – Fridays 8:00 am - 6:00 pmEloy
– 302 East 5th Street – Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays 8:00 am - 6:00 pm Mammoth
– 110 Main Street – Wednesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays 8:00 am - 6:00 pm Superior
– 60 East Main Street – 2nd & 3rd Thursday 8:00 am - 6:00 pmApache Junction
– 575 North Idaho Street, Suite 301 – Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays 8:00am - 6:00pmCoolidge
– 119 West Central – Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays 8:00am - 6:00 pmCasa Grande
– 820 East Cottonwood Lane, Building E – Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, & Saturdays 8:00am - 6:00pmStanfield
– 36711 West Papago Drive – 2nd & 4th Wednesdays 8:00am - 6:00 pmMaricopa
– Mobile Health Clinic at 44625 West Garvey Avenue – Wednesdays 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Please be advised, all Pinal County Public Health Services District clinics will be closed Monday, October 12, Tuesday, November 3, Wednesday, November 11 and Thursday, November 26.
To reduce that chance of catching the flu this season, the Public Health Department recommends frequent hand washing using soap and warm water for 30 seconds. If you do become ill, it is important to stay home to help prevent spreading the illness to others. For more information on influenza and vaccinations, please call the Health District hotline at 1-866-763-7252.
The number to call for appointments is 1-888-431-1311.
Pinal County maintains and updates its website with all the latest information to keep you informed on Public Health and other important information. Visit and bookmark www.pinalcountyaz.gov to stay informed.