Early Detection Almost Always Means Faster Recovery, Lower Overall Cost
FLORENCE – The Pinal County Public Health Services District offers a comprehensive breast health program through their Well Woman HealthCheck Program throughout Pinal County. The Well Woman HealthCheck Program is a state-wide program that provides free breast and cervical cancer screening and diagnostic services to women who qualify. In Pinal County, payment for these services comes from federal funds passed through the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS). Grant funds are used to help low-income, uninsured, or underinsured individuals pay for services provided through this program.
“A job loss, loss of insurance coverage or any other personal or family issue should not be a reason to skip these important diagnostic exams,” said Pinal County Public Health Director Tom Schryer. “What we know from decades of documented evidence is that cancer detection tools are getting better and when problems are caught early, the chances for survival and a return to good health are far greater.”
Services offered through the Well Woman HealthCheck program include:
You can participate in the Well Woman HealthCheck Program if:
- clinical breast exams;
- pap tests;
- pelvic exams;
- referrals for diagnostic testing such as, ultrasounds, biopsies, other tests are also available if screening results are abnormal.
- referrals for treatment if necessary
- transportation arrangements for clinical and referral services, if needed
- You do not have health insurance, your insurance does not cover the services offered by the Well Woman HealthCheck program, or your co-pay for breast and cervical cancer screening is $100 or more.
- You do not have Medicare Part B
- You do not have AHCCCS (Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System)
- Your household income is between 100 and 250 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (see table at end of press release)Breast Cancer Screening through the program
Cervical Cancer Screening through the program
- Is available if you are 40-65 years of age
- If symptomatic-age will not be a barrier to screening
- Is available for those not recently diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Is available if you are 21-65 years of age
- Is available for those not recently diagnosed with cervical cancer.
For more information or to schedule an appointment please call the Pinal County Central Appointment Desk toll free at 1-866-960-0633.
Eligible clients must have income levels between 100 and 250 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
. If your income is below 100% of the FPL you may be eligible for screening services through AHCCCS
. Childless women that are below 100% of the FPL are also now eligible for the Well Woman HealthCheck program. The current FPL income guidelines are shown in the table below.
|HealthCheck Program Income Eligibility|
For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $3,960 for each additional person. Ref: http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/12poverty.shtml