Process for Obtaining Professional
Bail Bondsman I.D. Card
Accepting Hours and Locations
- Affidavits for Bail Bondsmen are accepted Monday-Friday from the hours
of 8:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
- Affidavits for Bail Bondsmen are submitted in our Florence Office
location only at 971 Jason Lopez Circle Bld. A, Florence AZ 85132.
- When Applicant arrives they will submit their documents to window (8).
Requirements for Issuance of Professional Bail Bondsman I.D. Card
- The Applicant is required to submit an original Affidavit, original
Power of Attorney along with the Bail Bondsman Information Sheet.
- If a Power of Attorney has been previously filed for the Applicant with
Pinal County Superior Court, a new Power of Attorney is not required.
- A new Power of Attorney is only required if their Power of Attorney is
with a new company.
- If the Power of Attorney contains multiple appointments, an original
must be submitted for the Applicant applying.
- The Bail Bondsman Information Sheet and Affidavit must be completed in
full with the Affidavit being notarized prior to submitting to the Superior
Court for processing.
- Two (2) passport photos are required. Passport photos may be obtained at
any Walgreens, Wal-Mart or Costco locations. If photos are not provided, an
additional fee of $27.00 will be charged for the photos taken at the
Superior Court’s Office.
- Bail Bondsman Affidavits are renewed annually.
Filing Fee for Affidavit for Bail Bondsman: $27.00
Filing Fee for Power of Attorney (if applicable): $27.00
- The filing fee may be paid by cash, money order, credit card,
Visa/MasterCard, personal check with card holder/check holder’s valid ID.
Checks and Money Orders are to be made payable to: Clerk of the Superior
[+] Submitting Your Affidavit for Bail Bondsman and Process
- Applicant will submit the Affidavit for Bail Bondsman, Bail Bondsman
Information Guide Sheet, and filing fees to window (8).
- Clerk will then verify with the Arizona Department of Insurance
Licensing that Applicant’s insurance license was issued. For more
information on license information visit:
- Clerk will then process Affidavit for Bail Bondsman and Power of
Attorney (if applicable). Clerk will assign a case number and process filing
fees. A receipt will be provided to Applicant.
- Clerk will then enter all case information in to database.
- Clerk will then prepare the Applicants Bail Bondsman I.D. Card.
- Clerk will collect Applicants signature on Bail Bondsman I.D. Card.
- Applicant is then provided Bail Bondsman I.D. Card same day.
[+] Revocation of Bail Bondsman
- The insurance company may revoke the liability for a bondsman. In this
instance, the insurance company will file a formal revocation with the Clerk
of the Superior Court. The Clerk of the Superior Court will update the
monthly Bail Bondsman Report and forward to all Justice Courts and County
- If a new Power of Attorney is filed for an Applicant that has previously
been revoked, the Applicant must file the new Power of Attorney with the
Superior Court in person for the issuance of a new I.D. Card.
- If a Bail Bondsman has been revoked by the Presiding Judge through
administrative process, the Clerk of the Superior Court will immediately
notify the insurance company. The Insurance Company will then file a
revocation of the Power of Attorney. The Clerk of the Superior Court will
also remove the Bail Bondsman from the Bail Bondsman Monthly Report and
notify all Justice Courts and County Jail.
- If the Applicant reapplies the Affidavit for Bail Bondsman will be taken
to the Presiding Judge for decision on reinstatement.
[+] Change of Power Of Attorney/Insurance
- If the Applicant has changed their Power of Attorney and is now with a
new Company, the new Power of Attorney must be filed with the Clerk of the
Superior Court in person.
- The new Power of Attorney is submitted in person for the issuance of the
new Bail Bondsman I.D. Card.
- Change of Power of Attorney’s are accepted Monday –Friday from the Hours
of 8:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
- When submitting the Change of Power of Attorney, the Applicant is
required to return their Bail Bondsman card with the previous Insurance
Company information to the Clerk. The Clerk will then issue the new I.D.
card with current Insurance Company Information.
[+] Complaints on Bail Bondsman
- Complaints on a Bail Bondsman are directed to the Presiding Judge of
- Complaints must be submitted in writing to the Clerk of the Superior
Court. The Clerk will then forward the complaint to the Presiding Judge for
- The Bail Bondsman will be allowed time to respond to the complaint.
- A ruling will then be issued by the Presiding Judge.
[+] Affidavit for Professional Bail Bondsman Packet/Forms