When filing an Exemption, do I need to come in person the first time?
- Yes, it is required the first time. There after, the Exemption can be mailed as long as the application is notarized.
Do you have Exemption for Veterans?
- No, Veterans exemptions were removed from Arizona Revised Statutes in 1990.
Can a person who has Power of Attorney file an Exemption for another individual?
- Yes, they will need to provide a copy of the power of attorney and a photo I.D. of the applicant when they come to file the application.
My parent(s) is in a nursing home, can I still file an Affidavit?
- Yes, a letter from the nursing home (which must be in the State of Arizona) stating that he/she has been a patient and the number of years of residence is provided. Bring a copy of your Power of Attorney with a photo I.D. of the applicant.
Will the Exemption status go back prior years?
- No, your exemption status begins the year you first apply.