Process for Obtaining Professional Bail Bondsman I.D. Card
Current List of Pinal County Registered Qualified Bail Bondsmen
Accepting Hours and Locations
- Affidavits for Bail Bondsmen are accepted Monday-Friday from the hours of 8:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
- Affidavits for Bail Bondsmen are submitted in our Florence Office location only at 971 Jason Lopez Circle Bld. A, Florence AZ 85132.
- When Applicant arrives they will submit their documents to window (8).
Requirements for Issuance of Professional Bail Bondsman I.D. Card
- The Applicant is required to submit an original Affidavit, original Power of Attorney along with the Bail Bondsman Information Sheet.
- If a Power of Attorney has been previously filed for the Applicant with Pinal County Superior Court, a new Power of Attorney is not required.
- A new Power of Attorney is only required if their Power of Attorney is with a new company.
- If the Power of Attorney contains multiple appointments, an original must be submitted for the Applicant applying.
- The Bail Bondsman Information Sheet and Affidavit must be completed in full with the Affidavit being notarized prior to submitting to the Superior Court for processing.
- Two (2) passport photos are required. Passport photos may be obtained at any Walgreens, Wal-Mart or Costco locations. If photos are not provided, an additional fee of $27.00 will be charged for the photos taken at the Superior Court’s Office.
- Bail Bondsman Affidavits are renewed annually.
Filing Fee for Affidavit for Bail Bondsman: $27.00
Filing Fee for Power of Attorney (if applicable): $27.00
- The filing fee may be paid by cash, money order, credit card, Visa/MasterCard, personal check with card holder/check holder’s valid ID. Checks and Money Orders are to be made payable to: Clerk of the Superior Court
[+] Submitting Your Affidavit for Bail Bondsman and Process
- Applicant will submit the Affidavit for Bail Bondsman, Bail Bondsman Information Guide Sheet, and filing fees to window (8).
- Clerk will then verify with the Arizona Department of Insurance Licensing that Applicant’s insurance license was issued. For more information on license information visit: www.id.state.az.us.
- Clerk will then process Affidavit for Bail Bondsman and Power of Attorney (if applicable). Clerk will assign a case number and process filing fees. A receipt will be provided to Applicant.
- Clerk will then enter all case information in to database.
- Clerk will then prepare the Applicants Bail Bondsman I.D. Card.
- Clerk will collect Applicants signature on Bail Bondsman I.D. Card.
- Applicant is then provided Bail Bondsman I.D. Card same day.
[+] Revocation of Bail Bondsman
- The insurance company may revoke the liability for a bondsman. In this instance, the insurance company will file a formal revocation with the Clerk of the Superior Court. The Clerk of the Superior Court will update the monthly Bail Bondsman Report and forward to all Justice Courts and County Jail.
- If a new Power of Attorney is filed for an Applicant that has previously been revoked, the Applicant must file the new Power of Attorney with the Superior Court in person for the issuance of a new I.D. Card.
- If a Bail Bondsman has been revoked by the Presiding Judge through administrative process, the Clerk of the Superior Court will immediately notify the insurance company. The Insurance Company will then file a revocation of the Power of Attorney. The Clerk of the Superior Court will also remove the Bail Bondsman from the Bail Bondsman Monthly Report and notify all Justice Courts and County Jail.
- If the Applicant reapplies the Affidavit for Bail Bondsman will be taken to the Presiding Judge for decision on reinstatement.
[+] Change of Power Of Attorney/Insurance
- If the Applicant has changed their Power of Attorney and is now with a new Company, the new Power of Attorney must be filed with the Clerk of the Superior Court in person.
- The new Power of Attorney is submitted in person for the issuance of the new Bail Bondsman I.D. Card.
- Change of Power of Attorney’s are accepted Monday –Friday from the Hours of 8:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
- When submitting the Change of Power of Attorney, the Applicant is required to return their Bail Bondsman card with the previous Insurance Company information to the Clerk. The Clerk will then issue the new I.D. card with current Insurance Company Information.
[+] Complaints on Bail Bondsman
- Complaints on a Bail Bondsman are directed to the Presiding Judge of this Court.
- Complaints must be submitted in writing to the Clerk of the Superior Court. The Clerk will then forward the complaint to the Presiding Judge for review.
- The Bail Bondsman will be allowed time to respond to the complaint.
- A ruling will then be issued by the Presiding Judge.
[+] Affidavit for Professional Bail Bondsman Packet/Forms