County Home  |  Online Services  |  Visitors  |  Jobs  |  Government  |  Economic Development

How much does it cost to file papers to start a civil commitment process?
There is no cost to file an application for involuntary evaluation or an application for emergency admission for evaluation. Both processes are defined in Arizona Revised Statutes, Title 36, Chapter 5 and are commonly referred to as “petitioning” someone. There is no monetary cost to the person who files the paperwork. It may cost time, as the person who files the application must also testify if there is a hearing.